Monday, August 22, 2011

Yayyyy, Hannah!

Our dear sister, Hannah McGowen, got engaged to her boyfriend, Blake Elliot, over the summer break! Hannah kept it a secret for so long, and everyone, including her big, Ashley Mitchell, was COMPLETELY surprised! I asked Hannah to tell us about to engagement and this is what she had to say:
Last Valentines day Blake had been hinting at proposing, but when the time finally came around he pulled out a candy ring pop! It was pretty funny, but I was frustrated, haha. So, this summer, we went to PCB and we had just eaten dinner with his family when he started complaining of a migraine. He left to go to "Walgreens" and I went to the beach with his family, and then we went to the pool at our resort. Blake came back and met us at the pool and asked me if I wanted to go for a walk on the beach. I told him I didn't really want to because I just got back from the beach. He begged and begged me to go with him so finally I gave in. We were walking on the beach and he was acting really nervous and fidgety! He started pouring his heart out to me and right when I think he is going to propose he pulls out a candy ring pop! At this point I am livid! Right as I am about to grab the ring pop and throw it, he opens it up and pulls a real ring out :). It was perfect! The diamond was his Great Grandmother's, which makes me feel REALLY special :)

Congrats Hannah and Blake! We're all so happy for you and excited for another Delta Gamma wedding! Love you sister! ItB!



No comments:

Post a Comment